Job Title: Coolant Technician II
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
*Hourly pay for this position will commensurate with experience.
The Coolant technician performs a variety of duties including, checking and maintaining coolant concentration in all machines on a daily basis, changing filters weekly, scheduling coolant clean-outs with production supervisor and cleaning coolant recycling area and maintaining coolant inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Check coolant concentrations in all machines on a daily basis.
- Changes filters weekly in Miji lifts.
- Changes Cuda filters 2 times every week.
- Monitors bottom coolant tank in shop to make sure it is always full. If it is not full, makes new coolant if there is none to run through the centrifuge.
- Keeps and maintains records of machine coolant clean-out out PM’s.
- Schedules machine coolant clean-outs with Production Supervisor.
- Cleans and maintains coolant recycling area.
- Cleans and maintains machine and machine area after every coolant clean-out is performed.
- Monitors coolant inventory, placing orders when necessary and also monitoring waste coolant pick-up.
- Helps maintain overall cleanliness of entire shop.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience and/or Skills
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Must be self-motivating and able to work independently. Must have valid driver’s license.
Ability to read and write English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday with a minimum of 8 hours per day.
Note: Availability for overtime and weekend hours may be required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and-or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat; cramped spaces, elevated work areas and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.