Flsa Status: Full time, Non-exempt
The Document Control Technician maintains quality systems with additional responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Controls and maintains internal and external documents consisting of prints supplied by customer, customer print changes (ECN/ECR), specifications provided by customer, process control drawing changes, work instructions, forms and training documents.
- Works with Quality Assurance and Engineering to create and check process prints and inspection requirements.
- Creates Quality watches/alerts and posts as needed.
- Assist Quality Manager with PPAP documentation including layout data, submission warrants, cleanliness data, FMEA’s, control plans, and capability analysis using MINITAB.
- Assist Quality Assurance with ISO 9001/2015 and IATF 16949 requirements.
- Interpret blueprints and analyzes GD&T on prints.
- Works with Engineering on improving processes.
- Act as an auditor for ISO 9001/2015 and IATF 16949 Quality System.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience and/or skills
Two years related experience or training in a manufacturing setting. Beginner level ProE/Creo, proficient in AutoCad, good organizational skills, general knowledge of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements preferred, general knowledge of AIAG and APQP requirements preferred and knowledge of MINITAB preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software, internet software and Microsoft Office, AutoCad and ProE/Creo.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to type, talk, hear and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to hot and-or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.